Kyushu Onsen to Onsen
We meet in well-connected Fukuoka and quickly head out with an ride along the Chikugo River to an Edo-era town. After climbing up our only significant hill we descend to the town of Usa and visit a Shinto shrine dating back to 708. Now it's time for us to ride around the conical 731 m-high Mt. Futago volcano that has 28 ravines extending radially from the centre. Cycling around the perimeter allows us to avoid climbing and we can explore the beaches, ports and some hidden temples in the forest. This area is also very rural and known for producing scallions, leeks, tomatoes and prized kabosu limes.
|Tour Cost||US$2,200||Single Supplement||On request|
|Bike Hire||Included||Total Cycling Distance||237 kilometres|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||6 Days / 5 Nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||4 Full||Tour Meets||Fukuoka|
|Tour Ends||Beppu||Countries Visited||Japan|
|Group Size||2-15||Minimum age on scheduled departures||18 years old|
- Day 1
- Meet in Fukuoka, Japan's sixth-largest city for a welcome dinner and trip briefing.
- Day 2
- A short transfer to visit Kyushu National Museum and learn about the history of our journey. Start cycling in Dazaifu visiting shrine and temple before arriving in hot spring resort and Edo-era merchant town of Hida.
- Day 3
- Today we change terrain and have a bit of a climb, we slowly make our way up to Oishitoge Pass (475 m). But reward with a terrific downhill to the town of Usa.
- Day 4
- Today we climb up Mount Futago on the Kunisaki Peninsula. As we make our way down, we visit one of the oldest wooden temples in Japan. Cycling along beaches and ports we arrive at our ryokan, which onsen oversee the blue sea view from our hotel.
- Day 5
- We ride inland to avoid busy roads to the town of Kitsuki, a well-preserved samurai districts and Kitsuki Castle. We end our tour in Japan's most famous hot spring resorts at Beppu town.
- Day 6
- Transfer to Oita Airport for your onward flight or choose to extend your trip in Beppu and back to Fukuoka.
Day 2: Fukuoka-Dazaifu-Hita +547m / -516m
Day 3: Hita-Usa +660m / -730m
Day 4: Usa-Kunisaki +1174m / -1179m
Day 5: Kunisaki-Beppu +528m / -524m
|Date||Availability||Price||Single Supplement||Bike Hire||Book|
|April 10, 2017||Available||USD 2,200.00||USD 0.00||included|
|May 15, 2017||Available||USD 2,200.00||USD 0.00||included|
|June 12, 2017||Available||USD 2,200.00||USD 0.00||included|
|July 3, 2017||Available||USD 2,200.00||USD 0.00||included|
|August 14, 2017||Available||USD 2,200.00||USD 0.00||included|
|September 4, 2017||Available||USD 2,200.00||USD 0.00||included|
|October 9, 2017||Available||USD 2,200.00||USD 0.00||included|
Scheduled dates don't fit your schedule? Have an idea for an alteration to the itinerary?
Contact our custom tours team to make your ideal holiday a reality.
There are no reviews for this tour yet. Please check back soon.