Pre-trip Check-up and Vaccinations
Anyone travelling on an adventure holiday should go to see their doctor for a check-up prior to the trip. Some countries will require specific vaccinations and your doctor will have access to the most up to date information about this. It is also a good idea to have a dental check-up before you go, as the facilities in many of the countries to which we travel may not be of the same standard as you are used to.
Personal First Aid Kit
Although every SpiceRoads trip carries a medical kit, it is advisable to bring a supply of first aid items for your own personal use. Here is a sample list:
- Insect repellent.
- Antiseptic cream.
- Suncream and total bloc.
- Throat lozenges or hard sweets.
- Painkillers. Aspirin, Paracetamol etc.
- Anti-diarrhoea (Diocalm or Immodium).
- Plasters (band-aids) and 'Second Skin' for blisters.
- Antibiotics. A broad-spectrum antibiotic (such as Ciproxin) suitable for a variety of infections.
- Re-hydration salts. (Dioralite).
- Dextrose glucose tablets.
- Multi-vitamin tablets.