Island Hopping the Philippines
By island hopping you'll notice how different the islands are, despite being so close to each other, but one thing they do have in common are the exuberant, fun loving and easygoing Filipinos, and you'll no doubt sing a song or two with them! along the way!
We meet in Cebu to take advantage of the international airport but the next day we are off to Bohol by boat. We ride directly from the dock to explore this unique island that is home to the big-eyed tarsiers, terraced ride fields and languid rivers. We head to the more remote resort town of Anda and then explore the white sands of Alona Beach on the southern tip of Panglao Island. Our next destination is Siquijor Island which is known for its mystic healers who live in the highlands. We next make our way back to Cebu with a brief ride on the island of Negros on the way there. We ride up the coast of Cebu before crossing the hilly core to the east coast and transferring to Cebu City.
|Tour Cost||US$3,650||Single Supplement||US$485|
|Bike Hire||US$295||Total Cycling Distance||570 kilometres|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||13 Days/12 Nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||9 full days||Tour Meets||Cebu City|
|Tour Ends||Cebu City||Countries Visited||Philippines|
|Group Size||Minimum 2. Maximum 12.|
- Day 1
- We'll pick you up in Cebu at Mactan International Airport and bring you to the hotel. In the evening we will have a trip meeting and dinner.
- Day 2
- A morning boat ride takes us to Bohol and we ride on a quiet dirt road past villages and terraced rice fields to the Tarsier Sanctuary to visit these nocturnal creatures. Then we are back on the bikes and cruise down to the picturesque Loboc River.
- Day 3
- We start the day with an uphill climb before the terrain evens out until the end of the day when there is yet one more uphill to our hotel. We ride through a Mahogany forest, visit a butterfly garden and the world famous Chocolate Hills.
- Day 4
- A tough start to the day with a 6 km climb, followed by a great downhill of 20 km! We the cycle on a coastal road to our beachside resort in Anda.
- Day 5
- Today is yours to rest or to explore the beautiful beaches of Anda. One option would be to visit Lamanok island and the several anthropologically important cave paintings – made with bare hands – that date back tens of thousands of years.
- Day 6
- Today we cycle through rural Bohol, seeing rice fields to our left and right. After 50 kms we'll get into the vehicle and transfer 1 hour to the town of Bilar. Back on the bikes we cycle to Inambacan Falls where we can have a dip in the crystal clear pools.
- Day 7
- Another day of great coastal riding. We'll stop in the town of Baclayon and take a look at the stone church, considered one of the oldest in the Philippines. We will end the day at yet another stunning beach, this one is known for its white sands.
- Day 8
- Today we take a ferry to Siquijor and ride to take a dip at the refreshing Cambugahay Waterfalls.
- Day 9
- Today we circumnavigate Siquijor and enjoy cycling the coastal road as we stop along the way and visit the St. Isidore Convent, known as the biggest convent in the whole of Asia.
- Day 10
- Cycle Siquijor's “Highlands” to visit the heart of this mysterious island. Some serious climbs await but once we reach Mount Bandilaan National Park we have a spectacular downhill.
- Day 11
- After a short undulating ride we ferry to Dumaguete on Negros Island and cycle around 20 km. Then take another short ferry ride across the Tañon Strait, known for whale and dolphin watching, to Cebu, where we ride along the coast to Moalboal.
- Day 12
- Today we cross narrow Cebu Island to CarCar City. In Carcar we hop into our support vehicle which brings us back to our hotel in Cebu where we'll have our farewell dinner.
- Day 13
- Time to say goodbye to Cebu. We will drop you at the Mactan International Airport.
Day 2 - Cebu City – Loboc Ride 39 km. +403 m/ -399 m.
Day 3 – Loboc – Carmen – Sierra Bullones Ride 66 km. +1,190 m/ -748 m.
Day 4 – Sierra Bullones – Anda Ride 59 km. +692 m/ -1,137 m.
Day 6 – Anda - Dimiao Part 1 Ride 50km. +394 m/ -249 m.
Day 6 – Anda - Dimiao Part 2 Ride 19km. +187 m/ -474 m.
Day 7 – Dimiao – Panglao Ride 50 km. +294 m/ -291 m.
Day 8 – Panglao - Siquijor Ride 50 km. +582 m/ -574 m.
Day 9 – Siquijor Coastal Loop Ride 75 km. +655 m/ -656 m.
Day 10 – Siquijor Highlands Loop Ride 50 km. +947 m/ -953 m.
Day 11 - Siquijor – Moalboal Ride 63 km. +555 m/ -560 m.
Day 12 - Moalboal – Cebu Ride 49 km. +527 m/ -527 m.
|Date||Availability||Price||Single Supplement||Bike Hire||Book|
|September 10, 2017||Available||USD 3,650.00||USD 485.00||USD 295.00|
|October 1, 2017||Available||USD 3,650.00||USD 485.00||USD 295.00|
|November 19, 2017||Available||USD 3,650.00||USD 485.00||USD 295.00|
|December 17, 2017||Available||USD 3,650.00||USD 485.00||USD 295.00|
|February 25, 2018||Available||USD 3,650.00||USD 485.00||USD 295.00|
|April 8, 2018||Available||USD 3,650.00||USD 485.00||USD 295.00|
|September 9, 2018||Available||USD 3,650.00||USD 485.00||USD 295.00|
|September 30, 2018||Available||USD 3,650.00||USD 485.00||USD 295.00|
|November 18, 2018||Available||USD 3,650.00||USD 485.00||USD 295.00|
Scheduled dates don't fit your schedule? Have an idea for an alteration to the itinerary?
Contact our custom tours team to make your ideal holiday a reality.
The Philippines is a wonderful place to ride with good roads, dazzling luxuriant scenery, with smiling faces and cheerful welcoming voices with at every turn. If you see it, do not miss a chance to try roast suckling pig.
Giles Denby - December 2016
Cycling is an excellent way to see the backroads of the Visayas. The combination of cycling on different islands, cycling alongside scenic vistas and beaches, the excellent local cuisine, all added to the adventure. Diego was an excellent tour guide and adapted the cycling pace to the faster speed that the group was able to achieve. It was a pleasure to ride with Diego and his planning and arranging each day was good...especially carrying the bikes on and off the boats. This was a really good trip, with excellent cycling and food. The operations and logistics of the local operator was excellent. They were always happy to accommodate any requests.
Geoffrey Norman - January 2016
Bike tours are for us the best way to experience a Country and the culture of the people. Philippines Island Hopping was a perfect combination of biking and snorkelling!
John Richard Ewing - April 2015
This was an excellent trip. Great guide, excellent equipment, good accommodations, great scenery and food.
Jeff Werner - October 2013
Our guide, made this trip VERY interesting with his knowledge of history of the area and his creativity with activities. Great Job!
Tim and Elaine Smith - April 2013
A great tour. Guide was a super asset. One of the best I've ever had.
Open menu and whatever we wanted at every meal
As always, booking team was superb.
Herbert kavet - April 2013
All guides and drivers, Jens, Melanie, Gumbe and Ayan were all excellent, friendly and made the cycling and trip fun!
John Petler - October 2012