Saigon to Siem Reap
This tour takes in two of Southeast Asia’s most diverse and fascinating countries. From Saigon we head into the Mekong Delta, riding quiet back roads over canals. Our entry into Cambodia is by boat as we head up one of Asia's great rivers, the Mekong, to Phnom Penh. Cycle on to Kampong Thom to visit temples before we head to Siem Reap and the famous temples of Angkor.
|Tour Cost||On request||Total Cycling Distance||338 kilometres|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||9 days/8 nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||4 full, 2 half||Tour Meets||Saigon, Vietnam|
|Tour Ends||Siem Reap, Cambodia||Countries Visited||Vietnam and Cambodia|
|Group Size||Minimum 2. Maximum 16.|
- Day 1
- Meet in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) for dinner and a trip briefing.
- Day 2
- Transfer to Cai Be, the gateway to the Mekong Delta, to start riding down narrow roads and lanes, past banana plantations and fields of sugarcane, across rivers to Tra Vinh a pretty tree-lined town.
- Day 3
- There is plenty to observe today - fishermen, village life, temples -- as we cycle scenic roads, crossing many small bridges, to Can Tho.
- Day 4
- Visit Cai Rang floating market before a transfer to the start of the ride on a gently undulating road as mountains begin to loom as you ride closer and closer to Chau Doc, stopping on the way to visit the Killing Fields of Vietnam at Ba Chuc.
- Day 5
- We rest our legs as we boat it up the Mekong River to Phnom Penh.
- Day 6
- From the capital of Phnom Penh we cycle on back roads to the town of Oudong, a former capital of Cambodia. Afternoon is free to explore Phnom Penh.
- Day 7
- After a transfer to near Kampong Thom and the ancient temple site of Sambor Prey Kuk we saddle up and ride between the temples by bicycle. After lunch we have a beautiful ride through paddy fields and small villages before a transfer to Siem Reap.
- Day 8
- We ride to the Angkor Temple complex before starting the Grand Circuit, stopping at each major temple area before riding back to Siem Reap.
- Day 9
- After breakfast is free until your departure from Siem Reap.
There are no scheduled departures for this trip. But please send us an inquiry telling us when you'd like to go, how many people are in your group, and we'll get back to you shortly.
Scheduled dates don't fit your schedule? Have an idea for an alteration to the itinerary?
Contact our custom tours team to make your ideal holiday a reality.
This is a great immersion experience of the people, sights, countryside and local food.
The guides were professional, friendly, very knowledgeable and took great care of us. It's hard work for a moderately fit 60 year old but totally worth the effort and great comfort to recuperate each evening. A truly unforgettable adventure.
Geraldine Guilfoyle - December 2016
A great way to see the country, food wonderful.
Elizabeth Rose - December 2016
Fabulous guides and drivers! Loved Tien in Vietnam. He took us through countryside we would never have found.
Deborah Armour - March 2016
We loved riding through the countryside and our guide's local knowledge gave us a fresh perspective on the country.
Heidi Allen - December 2015
Guides were great, cycled at steady pace. Different food each meal. Fantastic way to see the real country and people. Cambodia guide Pheab was excellent, great sense of humor, took and shared photos while cycling. Vietnam guide Tien, really nice chap but not same level of fun. Again, Cambodian driver slightly better than Vietnam.
Matttthew Robert West - January 2016
Kewalee in the office was an excellent help when creating our custom itinerary. She answered all our questions as before we left.
Hai and Phat were absolutely excellent guides! They were professional and fun and catered for the differing abilities in our group. Pea our Cambodian guide was also great and clearly loved his job and Cambodia. Couldn't have asked for better guides on our trip!
The drivers in Vietnam also went above and beyond and were very helpful with filling our water bottles and meeting us at the rest stops. With a big smile! Drivers in Cambodia were also good
We had adjusted the distances when initially planning the custom trip. These distances were good for us. Rest stops were great and as it was so hot we stopped regularly for water breaks which was necessary.
Fabulous choice of restaurants! Food at lunch stops was also tasty!
Laura Alchin - September 2014
I would like to thank all the guides and staff as we were so well looked after. Everything worked like a well-oiled machine and everyone so helpful and kind. Overall, thanks for the wonderful experience.
The group was slower than expected so we had a lot more stops than I envisaged. However, the heat meant the water stops were always needed. The route was great, at one with the locals, lots of 'hellos'. Enjoyed all experiences on route!
All accommodation exceeded my expectations and service at all hotels was faultless.
Elizabeth (Liz) Gray - September 2014