Saigon to Bangkok by Bicycle
This tour takes in three of Southeast Asia’s most diverse and fascinating countries. From Saigon we head into the Mekong Delta, riding quiet back roads over canals. Our entry into Cambodia is by boat as we head up one of Asia's great rivers, the Mekong, to Phnom Penh. Cycle on toKampong Thom to visit temples before we head to Siem Reap and more famous temples of Angkor. After exploring Angkor we head to the faded colonial city of Battambang before heading to Thailand and the beautiful beach.
|Tour Cost||US$2,750||Single Supplement||US$525|
|Bike Hire||US$195||Total Cycling Distance||607 kilometres|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||14 days / 13 nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||7 full days, 3 half days.||Tour Meets||Saigon|
|Tour Ends||Bangkok||Countries Visited||Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand|
|Group Size||Minimum 2. Maximum 16.||Minimum age on scheduled departures||18 years old|
- Day 1
- Meet in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) for dinner at the enchanting Temple Club Restaurant.
- Day 2
- Transfer to Cai Be, the gateway to the Mekong Delta, to start riding down narrow roads and lanes, past banana plantations and fields of sugarcane, across rivers to Tra Vinh a pretty tree-lined town.
- Day 3
- There is plenty to observe today - fishermen, village life, temples -- as we cycle scenic roads, crossing many small bridges, to Can Tho.
- Day 4
- Visit Cai Rang floating market before a transfer to the start of the ride on a gently undulating road as mountains begin to loom as you ride closer and closer to Chau Doc, stopping on the way to visit the Killing Fields of Vietnam at Ba Chuc.
- Day 5
- We rest our legs as we boat it up the Mekong River to Phnom Penh.
- Day 6
- From the capital of Phnom Penh we cycle on back roads to the town of Oudong, a former capital of Cambodia. We then transfer to Kampong Thom.
- Day 7
- After a morning visit to the ancient temple site of Sambor Prey Kuk we saddle up for a beautiful ride through paddy fields and small villages to Siem Reap.
- Day 8
- We ride to the Angkor Temple complex before starting the Grand Circuit, stopping at each major temple area before riding back to Siem Reap.
- Day 9
- We enter the temple complex by a much quieter gate and then ride into the countryside and we turn off the main tourist road to Banteay Srei, visiting Banteay Samre on the way.
- Day 10
- Today we have another break from riding and visit the floating village before heading across the Tonle Sap to Battambang,
- Day 11
- We saddle up and ride south to Pailin along an undulating road, crossing streams and bridges and really get a feeling of riding into unchartered territory.
- Day 12
- It's a short pleasant ride on quiet scenic roads to the Thai border and then we ride through the countryside to the beach.
- Day 13
- Today we have a flat and easy ride through mangroves, shrimp farms and along the coast. We'll overnight at a very local Thai beach and have the afternoon free to go for a swim or a walk on the sand.
- Day 14
- Morning free to enjoy the beach before we head back to Bangkok.
|Date||Availability||Price||Single Supplement||Bike Hire||Book|
|May 7, 2017||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|June 11, 2017||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|July 2, 2017||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|July 30, 2017||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|August 27, 2017||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|October 1, 2017||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|October 29, 2017||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|November 5, 2017||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|November 26, 2017||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|December 17, 2017||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|December 31, 2017||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|January 14, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|February 25, 2018||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|May 6, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|June 10, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|July 1, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|July 29, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|August 26, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|September 30, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|October 28, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|November 4, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|November 25, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
|December 16, 2018||Available||USD 2,750.00||USD 525.00||USD 195.00|
Scheduled dates don't fit your schedule? Have an idea for an alteration to the itinerary?
Contact our custom tours team to make your ideal holiday a reality.
A must do ride - difficult enough to be challenging without the need to be super fit.The opportunity to see a combination of Iconic sites - Angkor temples etc. plus rural life in Vietnam and Cambodia. Accompanied by guides anxious to help in anyway they can.
Peter Russell-Pavier - February 2017
The mix of cycling, places visited, logistics (support, bikes, back up) and quality of accommodation was great.
Beryl Kennedy - February 2017
Amazing trip! Super Guides, well planned out itinerary. Really got the feel of the country and its people!
Donald Archibald - January 2017
Tour where I enjoyed most biking, food, weather, people and the professionalism of Spice Roads.
Valentino Franco Accordi - January 2017
A great way to experience both the " must see" sites and the local culture and people of small villages. The professionalism, organization and well planned routes make this a great trip.
Deanne Brandstetter - January 2017
Thank You for a really great tour and extraordinary vacation!
Herbert Schmid - December 2016
You really got a feel for the countries by eating the foods that they do. You get to see the countryside by bike, on back roads that the normal tourist does not see but they always take you to the tourist highlights too. You see it all! Mr. Huy was by far the best. I would have rated him excellent in all categories. He went out of his way to ensure that we saw, understood and was happy with all of our trip with him. His driver of the support van was the best too. You have a good team in Cambodia.
Mary MacDonald - November 2016
Great planning, logistics and support for the bike portion. Guides were excellent. No one felt left behind regardless of ability. Great introduction for first timers to Indochina. I would definitely do it again.
Robert William Stewart - November 2016