Mountain Biking Montenegro
Montenegro's wild landscapes, azure seas and rich cultural heritage are the compelling indulgences that greet adventurers in Europe's most bewitching of countries. Montenegro's magnificent Dalmatian coastline has long been world renowned, attracting movie stars and monarchs to the dazzling blue green seas. The Bay of Kotor is credibly one of the prettiest bays in the world and is lined with many stunning destinations; from the vibrant and contemporary Budva Riviera to quaint and serene Vipazar. Castles, fortress walls, and quaint fishing villages, tucked between orchards and the sea make for a very picturesque cycling expedition. Vast inland mountains with majestic grandeur give unrivaled panoramic views into a largely uninhabited interior and across dramatic wild forests. There is now a renaissance among travelers as the memories of crippling past troubles fade, and the beautiful uniqueness of the country draws excited audiences once more.
|Tour Cost||US$1,675||Single Supplement||US$265|
|Bike Hire||US$195||Total Cycling Distance||285 km|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||8 Days/7 Nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||6 Days||Tour Meets||Dubrovnik Airport, Croatia|
|Tour Ends||Dubrovnik Airport, Croatia||Countries Visited||Montenegro|
|Group Size||Minimum 2, Maximum 16.||Minimum age on scheduled departures||18 years old|
- Day 1
- We will meet you at Dubrovnik Airport and transfer to the old royal capital town, Cetinje.
- Day 2
- We have a beautiful cycling route to the biggest lake of the Balkans, Lake Skadar, designated as one of Europe's best bird watching sites. Take a rest in Rijeka Crnojevica before moving to the fishing village of Virpazar and do another riding through the area of Crmnica from Virpazar.
- Day 3
- Today we cycle along the shoreline of Lake Skadar, it's all the time great views towards the lake. A final descent of a day takes you to the city of Ulcinj, one of the oldest settlements on the Adriatic coast dating from the 5th century BC.
- Day 4
- We cycle south from Ulcinj to the coastal town of Old Bar, and just before Old Bar we'll stop to visit the Old Olive of Mirovica, said to be one of the oldest olive trees in Europe and world. We spend free time to wonder around the alleys and discover the various historical buildings in the Old Bar before transferring to Budva, a picturesque coastal town.
- Day 5
- Transfer uphill to Cetinje to start our ride along the old road towards Lovcen National Park and from Ivanova Korita we keep riding along an old wagon trail to the foot of Jezerski Vrh and over the Trešnja Saddle to visit the old spring in Sanik. We stop for some refreshment at the cafe "Kod Pera", which has been open for more than 100 years. Another pleasant riding section before arriving destination is exploring the adventurous military road around the Bogojeva Glava mountain, climbing to the mountain pass of Krstac and riding on the well-known Lovcen Road to the Old Town of Kotor, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Day 6
- Today's cycling includes exploring the Bay of Kotor, which is a gentle round trip along the beautiful coastline of the Bay, and from Kamenari we can do cycling over Lipci and Gornje Ledenice to Risan or ride to Herzeg Novi and back. Before our last section along Dobrotato to the overnight hotel in Kotor, we take a return boat trip in Perast to church island Our Lady of the Rocks and visit this museum-church.
- Day 7
- Before the last day, we tour the peninsula of Lustica at the entrance of the Bay of Kotor to witness the great views of the bay and the Adriatic sea, have a taste of olive oil produced there including a chance to swim at the beach. Before a farewell seafood dinner, we still have enough time for sightseeing in the old town.
- Day 8
- Transfer to Podgorica/Tivat/Dubrovnik Airport for onward travel.
|Date||Availability||Price||Single Supplement||Bike Hire||Book|
|May 21, 2017||Available||USD 1,675.00||USD 265.00||USD 195.00|
|June 18, 2017||Available||USD 1,675.00||USD 265.00||USD 195.00|
|September 3, 2017||Available||USD 1,675.00||USD 265.00||USD 195.00|
|October 1, 2017||Available||USD 1,675.00||USD 265.00||USD 195.00|
|May 20, 2018||Available||USD 1,675.00||USD 265.00||USD 195.00|
|June 17, 2018||Available||USD 1,675.00||USD 265.00||USD 195.00|
|September 2, 2018||Available||USD 1,675.00||USD 265.00||USD 195.00|
|September 30, 2018||Available||USD 1,675.00||USD 265.00||USD 195.00|
Scheduled dates don't fit your schedule? Have an idea for an alteration to the itinerary?
Contact our custom tours team to make your ideal holiday a reality.
There are no reviews for this tour yet. Please check back soon.