Chiang Mai Family Explorer
Chiang Mai is without a doubt one of the must-visit places in Thailand. Surrounded by green mountains and influenced by a charming Lanna way of life, this famous city is an ideal holiday destination for anyone who seeks a relaxed, back to nature holiday, with a fun mix of activities.
This tour is perfect for families who want to cycle at a leisurely pace through a beautiful region and experience a variety of northern charms – from sleeping in adobe hut, visiting an organic farm, cooking your dinner, kayaking on a lake, boiling eggs in a natural hot spring to bathing with elephants! A wide range of activities, from educational, to physical to just fun. We guarantee all members of your family an unforgettable experience in Thailand.
|Tour Cost||THB 34,500 (THB 35,500 effective Nov 1)||Single Supplement||THB 4,300 (THB 4,400 effective Nov 1)|
|Bike Hire||Included||Total Cycling Distance||88-108 kilometres|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||5 days / 4 nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||4 days||Tour Meets||Chiang Mai|
|Tour Ends||Chiang Mai||Countries Visited||Thailand|
|Group Size||Minimum 2. Maximum 16.||Minimum age on scheduled departures||No minimum age|
|Child Price||Under 12 = THB 27,600 (THB 28,400 effective Nov 1)|
- Day 1
- Transfer from downtown Chiang Mai and start a gentle ride on quiet back roads to Sri Lanna National Park and finish at Mae Ngud Reservoir. Once off the bikes we go for a kayak for our next adventure before an overnight at a resort by the Ping River.
- Day 2
- Today we explore the Chiang Dao cave where you can see the numerous nature formations of limestone. Later ride to Mae Joe Baan Din, a small organic farm promoting sustainable living. We overnight in an adobe hut built with all natural materials.
- Day 3
- This morning, we transfer to the Buffalo Village to learn all about rice with a hands on demonstration. We spend one more night with ethnic Lisu at Lisu lodge.
- Day 4
- We enjoy a day-off the bikes with Thailand's national animal – the elephant. At the Thai Elephant Home you'll spend a whole day with your new buddy and take your pal for a natural mud spa and shower in the river before saying goodbye.
- Day 5
- We transfer to Bor Sang Village to create our unique painted umbrella. Then on tarmac we ride past villages schools, temples and fruit orchards to end our ride at San Kamphaeng hot springs for relaxation. After we transfer back to Chiang Mai.
Departs every Monday with a minimum group of 2 adults.
Private tours depart every day.
Child Prices: Under 12 = THB 27,600 (THB 28,400 effective Nov 1)
Scheduled dates don't fit your schedule? Have an idea for an alteration to the itinerary?
Contact our custom tours team to make your ideal holiday a reality.
Perfect combination of outdoor adventure, sustainable tourism and cultural experience. A service orientated organisation that goes out of its way to satisfy the customer's needs.
Erik Bohm - February 2017
We had a wonderful experience. We particularly enjoyed the perfect mix between biking in the countryside and visit and activities. Both our guide and our driver were friendly and very pro. The region is very nice and all accommodations brought something special.
Jean-Bruno Beaufume - December 2016
What a great trip!! Our 7-day Chiang Mai family explorer trip was extremely well-run, interesting, and fun. SpiceRoads created an itinerary that worked very well for our family with older teens (16 and 17), and Mr. Nok artfully guided us through back roads, villages, and pathways, all while managing visits to temples, arts and crafts facilities, lakes, an elephant tour, and more. He and Mr. Bong were very responsive to our family and took us places we never could have found on our own. This was our first bike tour through a company, but it won't be our last. Loved the trip!
Mr. Nok was a WONDERFUL guide! He was very responsive to our needs and just a nice guy. : )
Joan Griswold - June 2016
Excellent service and great biking tour in Chang Mai area with an exceptional day with elephants at the Thai Elephant home.
Alix Mouret - February 2016
A great way to see the country that satisfies all the family from the parents to the kids may they be 3 or 14 years old.
Marion Zipfel - October 2015
We had a fantastic time. We felt we got to see so much more of Montenegro than you would on a normal holiday. We were made to feel very welcome by everyone.
Ian Murray - October 2015
A truly wonderful experience especially for our seven and nine year old children. The experiences of riding through rice fields combined with all of the activities was second to none.
Brent Sutter - August 2015
Great way to explore Thailand, through a combination of fantastic cycling, food, sights and company.
Loren Anderson - July 2015