Cycling Vietnam's Central Coast
Vietnam’s intriguing Central Coast is packed with cultural points of interest and scenic rides. From the historic monuments of Hoi An and Hue to the relaxing beaches of Whale Island, this adventure is a delight for everyone wishing to explore the heart of Vietnam. The starting point for this adventure is the old capital of the Ngu Yen Dynasty, Hue. The cycling begins with a ride through the Vietnamese countryside with a challenging climb over Hai Van pass where you’ll have a stunning view of the bays. Passing rural villages on quiet back roads, the peacefulness of the surroundings are in sharp contrast to our destination of My Lai, the site of one of the worst massacres of the American/Vietnam War. This trip is packed with history, culture, some superb cycling and ending at an island beach resort, this trip has it all!
|Tour Cost||US$1,725 (US$1,825 after Oct 1, 2015)||Single Supplement||US$385 (US$400 after Oct 1, 2015)|
|Bike Hire||US$170||Total Cycling Distance||470 Kilometres|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||10 days / 9 nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||4 full days, 4 half days.||Tour Meets||Hue|
|Tour Ends||Nha Trang||Countries Visited||Vietnam|
|Group Size||Minimum 2. Maximum 16.||Minimum age on scheduled departures||18 years old|
- Day 1
- Meet in Hue, the old capital of the Ngu Yen Dynasty, for a city tour by bicycle.
- Day 2
- From Hue we follow the coast as we ride on roads shaded by coconut palms, and dunes scattered with mini mausoleums, pagodas and war memorials. Overnight at resort on Lang Co Beach.
- Day 3
- Climb Hai Van Pass for superb views of the bay and ride downhill to Danang for lunch. Cycle to China Beach and then on country roads to UNESCO Heritage Site Hoi An.
- Day 4
- From Hoi An we ride on country back roads past paddy fields to visit My Son, the ancient centre of the Cham Civilization and return to Hoi An early in the afternoon.
- Day 5
- In the morning we transfer from Hoi An to Quang Ngai where we ride to My Lai, the site of one of the worst massacres of the American War, and then through the Vietnamese countryside.
- Day 6
- Today we leave early for the journey to Qui Nhon and cycle a loop to Ba To Town, riding on quiet back roads where people are unaccustomed to the sight of western cyclists.
- Day 7
- Ride from Dieu Tri along a remote but well surfaced road. The terrain is gently rolling, with beautiful views of the foothills of the highlands. Transfer to avoid the highway to our hotel in Tuy Hoa.
- Day 8
- On our last cycling we ride from our hotel and soon have the encroaching mountains on both sides as we ride through a network of lush rice fields in the valley. We ride to the Hon Gom peninsula and take a boat to Whale Island.
- Day 9
- Today is free on Whale Island to relax on the beach, do some snorkeling or scuba diving.
- Day 10
- We transfer back to the mainland and then onto Nha Trang for any onward connections.
|Date||Availability||Price||Single Supplement||Bike Hire||Book|
|July 5, 2015||Available||USD 1,725.00||USD 385.00||USD 170.00|
|October 18, 2015||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
|December 20, 2015||Available||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
|January 3, 2016||Available||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
|January 31, 2016||Available||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
|March 20, 2016||Available||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
|April 10, 2016||Available||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
|May 15, 2016||Available||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
|July 3, 2016||Available||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
|September 18, 2016||Available||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
|October 16, 2016||Available||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
|December 18, 2016||Available||USD 1,825.00||USD 400.00||USD 170.00|
It is definitely the best way to see any country, from now on all my vacations will be on a Bicycle. We had the best guide ever, he and the driver were very experienced and they just knew what we needed before we knew it.
The guide went out of his way to accommodate a special request by me and my friends and he made sure everyone was as comfortable as possible all the way. He assisted us in everything all the way and we could feel that he was very happy in his job and did it from his heart.
Swand Qat - May 2015
Our first bike trip but it exceeded our expectations. Wonderful way to see the country, fantastic guides, great local food, remote villages, good hotels, excellent back up support.
Fiona Joyce - February 2015
Our wonderful guide, Ahn Co, and his sweep, Lee, made our trip extra special. The history, lodging and food were all four star, and the friendly, smiling people were heartwarming. Sue and I may have been the oldest and slowest but we made it and the group was very supportive! We'll be back!
Couldn't have been happier. Ahn Co spoke wonderful English and know the history.
They were always friendly and very helpful by taking our bikes, filling water bottles, cleaning and maintaining bikes! good men
Richard Alvin Wiley - February 2015
The service provided by the guides and driver was friendly.
Itinerary and route were very well planned. I would keep it just the way it was.
You picked very good accommodation. It was so nice to get to the hotel after cycling all day.
The scenery was excellent. I doubt that you could improve on it.
Larry Walker - December 2014
I can't say enough good things about AnhCo - he was an awesome guide!
I loved that we had different things every meal and at local places
I totally enjoyed this trip, best holiday I've ever had. Have been raving about SpiceRoads to friends! Was very impressed with how well organised this trip was, the food, the guide and driver lovely people, fabulous places we went to, I felt well looked after. I can't wait to do another one.
Jo Pekelharing - August 2014
Both the guide and driver were very good at there jobs. Guide had a great sense of humour and made the whole experience fun and interesting.
Things I enjoyed...
- Riding on the back roads through fields and small towns and villages.
- A few little cycling challenges eg cycling for 11km up a hill.
- People saying hello when we cycle past especially the children.
- Stopping for drink breaks at a local persons home.
- Eating at restaurants that are popular with the locals.
Anne Pickering - July 2014
A fantastic trip along a beautiful coastline, rich in history, ancient and modern.
We very much enjoyed the cycling, nothing too challenging yet enough hills and distance for the more hardened bikers.
Chris Grossick - December 2013
The guide was great. The driver was truly excellent, calm and with a fun side.
The cycling was the level you would expect for a three chilli ride
Cycling was great. The couple of days on Whale island was a lovely finish to the trip and the transfer to the final airport was great as it is a long drive. Food was interesting. No one was ill!
Lizbeth Ansell - July 2013