Wilds of Cambodia
From Cambodia's capital of Phnom Penh we ride to the Gulf of Thailand and the former resort town of Kep and cycle along the coastline through quaint fishing villages. After a day at the beach we head north to the Cardamom mountains and overnight at a Community Based Eco-Tourism (CBET) project that is offering locals an alternative living to logging and hunting. Here we ride on single track trails before cycling further north and an eco-lodge that also boasts the nearby Tatai waterfall. We leave Cambodia and ride into Thailand where we'll be on the coastline of the Kingdom's narrowest strip and end our tour at the sandy beaches of Koh Chang island.
|Tour Cost||US$1,900||Single Supplement||US$395|
|Bike Hire||US$145||Total Cycling Distance||367 km|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||9 Days/8 Nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||5 full/1 half||Tour Meets||Phnom Penh|
|Tour Ends||Bangkok||Countries Visited||Thailand, Cambodia|
|Group Size||Minimum 2. Maximum 16.||Minimum age on scheduled departures||18 years old|
- Day 1
- From Phnom Penh we drive to visit the notorious Killing Fields before moving on to Banteay Meas. Here we begin riding on quiet country roads to Kep, Cambodia's prestigious beach resort during the 1960s that is reclaiming its former glory.
- Day 2
- Cycling from the hotel we visit a cave temple and then roll through picturesque fishing villages to the town of Kampot. After lunch the ride takes us to Ream National Park famous for mangrove forests and miles of secluded beaches.
- Day 3
- After a seaside breakfast we start with a short and easy ride through the jungle on ox cart trails to the pier for the boat trip back to the beach. In the afternoon we'll have a 3-hour transfer to the village of Chi Phat.
- Day 4
- Leaving Chi Phat we ride off-road through rivers and over fallen logs on trails varying from soft and sandy to wet and muddy, and along the way stop at waterfalls to cool off.
- Day 5
- We ride to Trapueng Rung on a slightly undulating tarmac road flanked by lush vegetation and lunch en route to Tatai Waterfall. Then we boat along the Kep River to spend the night near the edge of the Cardoman Mountains.
- Day 6
- Today you are free to explore the river by kayak, go for a hike organized by the lodge or enjoy a boat trip to the waterfalls. The other option is to relax by the river and soak up the serenity of the area.
- Day 7
- We ride to the town of Koh Kong sharing the border with Thailand and say goodbye to our Cambodian crew. We'll be met by our Thai guides who will transfer us to our hotel for the evening.
- Day 8
- This morning we head to Thailand's second largest island, Koh Chang. On a relatively flat road that runs across the Trat River, we ride past local villages and temples before taking the ferry to our tropical resort for a farewell dinner.
- Day 9
- Today you have the morning free to relax on the beach before transferring to Bangkok for your onward flight. Alternatively, you can extend your stay on Koh Chang to gain your energy back after the long journey.
|Date||Availability||Price||Single Supplement||Bike Hire||Book|
|June 18, 2017||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|July 23, 2017||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|September 17, 2017||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|October 22, 2017||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|December 17, 2017||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|January 21, 2018||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|February 25, 2018||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|June 17, 2018||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|July 22, 2018||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|September 16, 2018||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|October 21, 2018||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
|December 23, 2018||Available||USD 1,900.00||USD 395.00||USD 145.00|
Scheduled dates don't fit your schedule? Have an idea for an alteration to the itinerary?
Contact our custom tours team to make your ideal holiday a reality.
We loved Cambodia and Phea was an outstanding guide. He was adventurous it also made us feel like we were being well looked after
Rebecca Coad - December 2016
Our Cambodian guides (Tree and Panha) were absolutely fabulous. They were a perfect combination of familiar and yet professional, enthusiastic, safe, informational. Along with the driver and the bike mechanic , they attended to our every need before we even had time to voice it.
Karen Simpson - November 2016
Our guides enhanced our trip immensely, providing us with an understanding of Cambodian culture and history.
Mark Fagan - November 2016
A great way to see the real Cambodia. Get off the beaten path! Our guides shared their life experiences and were so helpful in taking us through special places in this country. The "home stay" was a highlight--more like camping than I'm used to but I really enjoyed viewing life in a Cambodia village and we were. welcome into our host family. The nights without AC and print ate bathroom were an easy trade-off to this special co. Section. To the people The temperatures were hot and that made the biking more of a challenge he but spice roads organization was impeccable- water stops and support whenever you needed it.
Jean Kayser - November 2016
The guides were very helpful, positive, and flexible. I wanted to let you know I thought Tree and Banya team did an excellent job.
Kevin Kayser - November 2016
Wilds of Cambodia cycle tour was a great tour of a part of this wonderful country. The cycling was challenging at times but always enjoyable and well supported. The tour guide and his team were friendly, helpful and knowledge, and courteous at all times. "Tree" was a very good tour leader. He clearly enjoyed his job and was always keen to ensure that we were as fully informed as possible about all aspects.
Paul Topping - February 2016
Our third trip with Spice Roads and as usual, great guides, good cycling, fantastic food and quality accommodation.
Graeme Casey - February 2016
Good leaders/safety is priority/generally good hotels and local food/safe drivers
Clive davies - January 2016