Biking Bangkok to Angkor Wat
Our Thailand and Cambodia adventure is a fantastically varied cycle odyssey. Starting from the seaside in Thailand we cross over the border with Cambodia to the foothills of the Cardamon mountains, From there we ride into rural Cambodia, discover the colonial outpost of Battambang, journey by boat across the Tonle Sap and ride through the world renowned temples of Angkor. Let our trusted Cambodian cycle and temple guides give you an interesting and a totally different way to visit Angkor. The added benefit of being on bicycle is that you will see more than the incredible legacy of the Khmer empire and get to glimpse into rural Cambodian life and meet the extraordinary and beautiful Khmer people.
|Tour Cost||US$1,295||Single Supplement||US$175|
|Bike Hire||US$110||Total Cycling Distance||308 Kilometres|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||7 days / 6 nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||3 full days, 3 half days.||Tour Meets||Bangkok|
|Tour Ends||Siem Reap||Countries Visited||Thailand, Cambodia|
|Group Size||Minimum 2. Maximum 16.||Minimum age on scheduled departures||18 years old|
- Day 1
- Depart from Bangkok and transfer to Soi Dao, a very scenic area in Chantaburi province. We embark on an afternoon ride to help blow away those travelling cobwebs.
- Day 2
- We ride to the border with Cambodia through countryside where very few foreigners visit. Once across the border we ride to Pailin set in the attractive Chour Phnom Kravanh foothills.
- Day 3
- We saddle up and ride through rural Cambodia along red dirt roads east to Battambang, a sleepy backwater full of a faded colonial buildings and charm.
- Day 4
- If water levels permit, today's journey is by boat across the Tonle Sap towards the lost city of Angkor.
- Day 5
- We ride to the Angkor Temple complex before starting the Grand Circuit, stopping at each major temple area. At sunset we return to the temples by car for a sunset view from Phnom Bakheng.
- Day 6
- We enter the temple complex by a much quieter gate and then ride into the countryside and we turn off the main tourist road to Banteay Srei, visiting Banteay Samre on the way.
- Day 7
- Cycle to the small village of Kro Bey Real and take in the countryside surrounding Siem Reap, as we head to the Tonle Sap for a short cruise through the floating villages before riding back to Siem Reap.
|Date||Availability||Price||Single Supplement||Bike Hire||Book|
|June 10, 2013||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 1,295.00||USD 175.00||USD 110.00|
|July 15, 2013||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 1,295.00||USD 175.00||USD 110.00|
|September 9, 2013||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 1,295.00||USD 175.00||USD 110.00|
|October 14, 2013||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 1,295.00||USD 175.00||USD 110.00|
|November 11, 2013||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 1,295.00||USD 175.00||USD 110.00|
|December 9, 2013||Available||USD 1,295.00||USD 175.00||USD 110.00|
I loved cycling through the villages and off road through the temples.
Jacqui Lennon - December 2012
It was a pleasure to discover Cambodia off the beaten track, the villages, the people and the beautiful scenery.
Chris Grossick - December 2012
Fabulous guides and drivers in Thailand and Cambodia including the temples guide. Everyone was completely accommodating and friendly. Great senses of humor and consideration for the individual. Always concerned for our safety as well as our enjoyment of the tour. Superb!!
Sara Frey - December 2012
Overall it was a great week: the group got on well the SpiceRoads staff were very attentive and it was great to be out on the bikes
Roger Metcalf - March 2012
It was a great trip with great guides, hotels and food. Itinerary was well planned and sensible. Cycling breaks were timed perfectly and always with cold drinks and great food.
Emma Fielder - March 2012
The trip exceeded our expectations and we cannot say enough about the job and services that Spice Roads provided. Everything worked out perfectly and we bring home many fond memories of our time in Thailand and Cambodia thanks to you and Spice Roads. Thank you sincerely and we certainly hope to return for another adventure!
Bill & Dawn Kraul - February 2012
Excellent trip for the money; the tour guides were excellent as always, very attentive to the need of the clients. Overall, I have a wonderful experience.
Joe Bui - February 2012
I really enjoyed this trip. I have done in excess of 10 group tours over the last few years and I have to say that this was by far the best arranged, it all ran very very smoothly.
Nesta Owens - December 2010