Bali Mountain Biking Adventure
If you’re a rider who loves mountain biking and are up for a new challenge, then this tour will more than exceed your expectations. Starting from the beach resort of Sanur we explore the famous Batur Crater, visit the island's two highest volcanoes and various canyons. Take in breath-taking coastal views along the way as you ride on a variety of surfaces – dirt, volcanic lava, gravel, sand and tarmac -- through witness a huge diversity of environments, from volcanic craters to beautifully crafted rice paddies and ending at gorgeous beaches.
|Tour Cost||US$1,250||Single Supplement||US$450|
|Bike Hire||US$110||Total Cycling Distance||170 kilometres|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||7 days/6 nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||4 full days, 1 half day||Tour Meets||Sanur|
|Tour Ends||Ubud||Countries Visited||Indonesia|
|Group Size||Minimum 2. Maximum 16.||Minimum age on scheduled departures||18 years old|
- Day 1
- Transfer from the airport to hotel in Sanur.
- Day 2
- The rim of the Batur crater is where we start today's ride with spectacular views of Mt. Abang and Mt. Agung in the distance. Cycling on jeep tracks and easy single track to lunch, we then continue to the base of the volcano and ride on narrow sandy trails before crossing the latest lava field.
- Day 3
- The edge of the Batur Crater is again our starting point, but today we head to the east coast. After a nice downhill there'll be some climbing before an exhilarating descent by dry river beds and through cashew-nut plantations.
- Day 4
- We cycle a reasonably flat route around the side of Mt. Agung on single track paths which weave their way to the ruins of a water palace at Jungutan. The afternoon ride is through some of the finest rice paddy scenery in Bali
- Day 5
- Today's ride starts high up on the slopes of Mt. Agung and descends with spectacular views along the south coast on a clear day. We weave our way through plantations and stone carving villages until we reach Muncan where we'll transfer to Ubud.
- Day 6
- In the morning we'll explore the rice paddies and off road trails around Ubud by bike. The afternoon is free to go for an optional rafting trip or to relax by the pool.
- Day 7
- Transfer to Kuta for extension nights or airport to catch departure flight.
|Date||Availability||Price||Single Supplement||Bike Hire||Book|
|May 4, 2014||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|June 8, 2014||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|July 13, 2014||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|August 3, 2014||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|September 7, 2014||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|October 19, 2014||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|April 12, 2015||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|May 3, 2015||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|June 7, 2015||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|July 12, 2015||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|August 2, 2015||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|September 6, 2015||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
|October 18, 2015||Available||USD 1,250.00||USD 450.00||USD 110.00|
Guides - Lovely people - could not have been more helpful.
Best quality bikes I've had on a Spice Roads tour - looked virtually brand new
Some technical sections were too challenging for us so we got off and pushed - not a problem as we expected this to be the case and the others were happy to wait a few minutes more for us to arrive
Ross Lydall - May 2013
Thanks for the wonderful tour I've enjoyed every minute - thanks for all the wonderful views during the tour friendly tour guides and lovely People we Met.
Klaus schaffranietz - May 2013
I enjoyed the whole experience very much and would definitely use Spice Roads again if I ever do another of these trips.
Barbara Kerr-Shaw - December 2012
Wonderful views, great landscape - I stopped a few times along the way to take photos (mostly to catch my breathe though!!!!). It was fun and challenging.
Lisa Murray - September 2010