About this Cycle Tour
See the city's historical sites in a whole new light with the cool evening breeze in your hair on this sunset Bangkok bicycle tour. Discover tucked away places and rediscover some of Bangkok’s must sees from a new perspective. Watch the sunset behind the glistening Wat Arun, discover the art of the Ban Bat community, visit the fragrant 24 hour flower market while pedaling along scenic riverside paths.
- Meet at Sri Krungthep Hotel at 4:00 PM to prepare for half day trip. Optional hotel pick up available upon request for a fee.
- We make our way through alleyways to Wat Saket, or the Golden Mount. 318 steps take us to the top where we are rewarded with a panoramic view of the old city.
- Visit the tucked away Ban Bat community, preserving the art of hand making monks’ alm bowls, an art passed down from generation to generation.
- Pedal on to the must see Giant Swing, with its rich history and iconic red color, making it impossible to miss!
- Stop for a smell of the famous 24 hour Pak Khlong flower market, where locals sell a variety of flowers in a rainbow of colors. Savor the scents of variety of roses, orchids, and jasmine twisted into beautiful arrangements for Buddhist religious offerings.
- From across the Chao Phraya river watch the sun go down behind the silhouette of Wat Arun, adorned with thousands of colorful Chinese porcelain tiles. Don’t forget to bring your camera!
- Take a break at the park that surrounds the Phra Sumeru Fort, one of the two remaining fortresses from King Rama I.
- We twist and turn through back roads until we wind up at Wat Indharaviharn, boasting a 30-metre high statue of Buddha brilliantly lit up at night for a look at the glistening Buddha.
- Pedal back to our meeting point and past the regal Grand Palace to see the remaining sunlight glisten on the golden rooftops.
This 17km Bangkok bicycle tour offers a mix of exploring the city streets, scenic riverside paths, and tucked away alley paths under night lights. There are plenty of stops to take breaks and take photos. This evening tour of Bangkok is perfect for those wanting to see the city’s must sees in a new light while discovering new places along the way!