Saigon to Siem Reap
This tour takes in the best of Vietnam and Cambodia. From Saigon we cycle on country roads in the fertile Mekong Delta and see firsthand the bountiful orchards and plantations. We leave Vietnam and enter Cambodia with a boat ride on the Mekong River, giving us a front row seat to life on the river. We arrive in Phnom Penh and cycle on to Oudong to experience life in rural Cambodia and visit the ancient temple Kampong Thom. We then head north to Siem Reap for an exploration of the magnificent temples of Angkor Wat. Travelling across countries on bike and boats, this tour gives you a unique glimpse into beautiful rural Vietnam and Cambodia!
|Tour Cost||US$ 1,199||Single Supplement||US$ 225|
|Bike Hire||Us$ 100||Total Cycling Distance||338 kilometres|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||9 Days/8 Nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||6 full days||Tour Meets||Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam|
|Tour Ends||Siem Reap, Cambodia||Countries Visited||Vietnam, Cambodia|
|Group Size||Minimum 6, Maximum 16.|
- Day 1
- We will meet you at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and explore the city before a welcome dinner.
- Day 2
- We transfer out of Saigon to start riding to Cai Be through the lush Mekong Delta. One section of biking takes us off road onto gravel and dirt lanes, weaving through hamlets, across rivers and through thick vegetation, making for superb biking. A final ferry crossing takes us to Tra Vinh a pretty tree-lined town with many ethnic Khmers.
- Day 3
- Today we ride on a scenic and peaceful road to Can Tho. There is plenty to see along the way from contrasting architectural styles of Khmer homes and temples to the rich and colourful river scenes when crossing many small bridges.
- Day 4
- Enjoy our time at Cai Rang floating market before transferring to tour ride start. From Tri Ton the cycling starts to gently undulate and mountains begin to loom as you ride closer and closer to Chau Doc. We cycle to the Killing Fields of Vietnam at Ba Chuc, where Pol Pot’s regime massacred over 3,000 Vietnamese in 1978. We then loop around Ba Chuc along the border and ride the rest of the way to Chau Doc along incredible country roads.
- Day 5
- Cruise up the Mekong River to Phnom Penh from our overnight stopping place Chau Doc. We get a chance to rest our legs as we see many scenes of local daily life along side one Asia’s great rivers. As we head into Cambodia we stop at the capital Phnom Penh before heading north to cycle among 1000 years of Khmer history.
- Day 6
- Today we start by taking the back roads out of Phnom Penh to Oudong. Today's ride gives us a chance to see rural Cambodia - stilted houses, rice paddies, ox carts, waving children and of course the friendly Khmer people. After the ride we head back to Phnom Penh and lunch. The rest of the day is free to explore this fascinating city.
- Day 7
- We start the day with a transfer to near Kampong Thom and the ancient temple site of Sambor Prey Kuk. We saddle up and ride between the temples by bicycle. We then enjoy a local picnic lunch in small wooden huts along the Stung Sen River. In the afternoon we have a beautiful ride through rice paddy fields and small villages with many locals greeting you warmly before transferring on to Siem Reap.
- Day 8
- This morning we start our bike ride to the entrance of Angkor Wat and head to Ta Prohm where the famous 'Tomb Raider' movie was filmed. We continue to Angkor Thom, Bayon temple and the Terrace of the Elephants. Then after lunch it's time to explore the Angkor Wat. After our visit to those magnificent temples we cycle back to Siem Reap.
- Day 9
- We will drop you off at the airport for your departure flight back home.
|Date||Availability||Price||Single Supplement||Bike Hire||Book|
|May 25, 2014||Available||USD 1,199.00||USD 225.00||USD 100.00|
|June 22, 2014||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 1,199.00||USD 225.00||USD 100.00|
|July 27, 2014||Available||USD 1,199.00||USD 225.00||USD 100.00|
|October 19, 2014||Guaranteed to Depart||USD 1,199.00||USD 225.00||USD 100.00|
There are no reviews for this tour yet. Please check back soon.