Angkor Family Explorer
Walk in the footsetps of Indiana Jones and Lara Croft as you explore the temples of Angkor Wat. This family holiday is loaded with activities to have the experience of a lifetime. We stay in Siem Reap, the "Great Gate to Angkor" and cycle from temple to temple to visit Angkor Wat, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Our journey of discovery will continue beyond the main temple complex to the temples of Bayon and Ta Prohm; the setting for the Temple of Doom and Tomb Raider movies. Riding our bikes through the countryside we'll be greeted by friendly locals and get a deeper understanding of their lives. But we also see a circus, learn Khmer, visit markets, take a tuk-tuk, eat lots of tasty treats, go for a jungle trek, get our hands dirty creating pottery and kayak on Tonle Sap Lake.
Join a tour before the end of February 2016 and enjoy a free Phare Circus workshop.
|Tour Cost||US$1000||Single Supplement||US$165|
|Bike Hire||Included (Quality western mountain bike)||Total Cycling Distance||72 kilometres|
|Tour Grade||out of 5||Number of Days||5 days/ 4 nights|
|Number of Cycling Days||3 half days||Tour Meets||Siem Reap|
|Tour Ends||Siem Reap||Countries Visited||Cambodia|
|Group Size||Minimum 2, Maximum 16||Minimum age on scheduled departures||No minimum age|
- Day 1
- Arrive at Siem Reap, the "Great Gate to Angkor." After our welcome dinner we head over to join the show by Phare, an acrobatic Cambodian circus.
- Day 2
- A morning of exploring temples of Angkor by bike and foot before heading back to town for a lesson in Khmer. We then practice our new language skills bargaining at markets before taking a tuk-tuk for a jungle trek.
- Day 3
- Back on the bike to temple hop to the smiling faces of Bayon and the iconic Angkor Wat. In the afternoon we get our creativity on and our hands dirty making pottery.
- Day 4
- Heading away from Angkor we visit the floating villages of Tonle Sap Lake via kayak. After lunch at a house on stilts we have a short afternoon cycle before heading back to Siem Reap with time to enjoy the hotelpool..
- Day 5
- The action ends with an airport transfer for your onward flight.
Departs every Tuesday.
Child Prices: US$800
Scheduled dates don't fit your schedule? Have an idea for an alteration to the itinerary?
Contact our custom tours team to make your ideal holiday a reality.
There are no reviews for this tour yet. Please check back soon.